The Centre for School Design is a virtual centre working to help shape the future of education, design and the built environment. It was co-founded in January 2010 by Ty Goddard and Ian Fordham.
We’re here to get a buzz going around innovation in education, design and the built environment. We’ve got some great resources, pictures and stories to share with journalists and bloggers – and we’re happy to deal with media enquiries. Please call us.
Ty Goddard is the co-founder of the Centre for School Design. He is a globally renowned expert on learning environments and a leading campaigner and commentator on school design and the built environment.
His previous roles have included:
- Managing Director of School Works,
- Community Strategic Manager at Brighton and Hove City Council;
- Advisor to the DfES on Extended Schools and co-location of services
- Chair of Education at Lambeth Council
- UK and European Political Advisor for the NSPCC
- National Campaigns Co-ordinator for SCOPE
In 2006, he founded and became the Director of the British Council for School Environments (BCSE) an educational charity set up to promote best practice and connect people in all aspects of school design and construction.
Ian is the co-founder of the Centre for School Design. He is a highly respected educationalist, policy advisor and social entrepreneur and a leading authority on education, children’s services and learning beyond the classroom.
Previous roles have included
- Director of Policy for the Extended Schools charity ContinYou;
- Director of Big Picture Consultancy, advisors to government bodies, local authorities and charities;
- Director of Learning and Development for the children’s services thinkank Rezolv;
- Head of Training and CPD for the after school charity Education Extra, including a project with Harvard University;
- Charity Support co-ordinator for the Charity Commission for England and Wales
- Head of Sociology at an 11-18 school in Hampshire.
In 2008, he became the Deputy Director of the BCSE. Ian is also a fellow of the RSA.
Both Ty and Ian have given keynote speeches and presentations in the UK and internationally. They have also delivered high level strategic consultancy support to national and international companies, government departments, universities, charities, NGOs, trade and industry bodies.
Please contact us to find out more about how you can work with and support the Centre for School Design.